Have you checked your oil tank recently?
An oil storage tank is susceptible to damage from the harsh weather and also stress from the heavy load it holds. The lifespan of an oil tank is approximately 15 years if installed and maintained to manufacturer guidelines. An annual check is advisable for safety and environmental reasons.
This time of year is ideal to check the following:
- Whitening, cracking, dents or splits in the tank, especially on joints.
- Look for bulging or deformation of the tank if not level.
- Check tank base for cracking & subsidence.
- Can you smell fuel near the tank or see damage to nearly plants and trees?
- Is the lid secure or has rain water entered the oil tank?
- Do you need to change the position of the tank in your garden?
Call us on 091 677278 / 087 2364500 if you need assistance.