OIL BOILER SERVICE
An annual boiler service ensures that your boiler is functioning correctly and in keeping with the specifications designed by the boiler manufacturer. This will help prolong the life of the boiler and reduce energy costs. An annual service could improve the overall efficiency of the boiler by up to 20%. A service usually takes about 90 minutes to complete. You can decide what day and time suits you best and Pat can usually work around that, just call him on 087-2364500 to arrange it.
All our technicians are OFTEC trained and registered and will provide an efficiency report, a CD/11 Oil Firing Servicing and Commissioning Report and TI/133D Domestic Oil Storage Tank Spillage and Fire Assessment Form with each service. We service most makes and models of oil fired boilers and burners including the most popular Grant, Firebird & Riello.
What is included in the Boiler Service?
Visual Inspection: (As per OFTEC TI/133D and CD/11 Reports)
- Check oil tank and tank support
- Inspect oil supply line and clean filter
- Check the oil tank for the presence of water
- Check for significant corrosion on the boiler’s outer sheet metal, its cast-iron sections, flue, electrical controls, nearby piping and components.
- Check the draft regulator for free movement
- Check operation of the fire valve
- Check combustion and ventilation air supplies
- Clean and hoover the baffles and chamber
- Clean and adjust spark electrodes
- Clean and inspect flame photocell
- Replace burner nozzle
- Inspect any worn / damaged / deteriorated parts
- Check and adjust pump pressure
- Check operation of high limit thermostat
- Carry out smoke test & adjust combustion
- Reseal the boiler access plates
- Check for the presence of a carbon monoxide alarm
- Carry out boiler efficiency test & leave printout
- Complete and sign OFTEC report forms